Books, Papers and other Writing
Books and Papers
Geometry Through the Circle with The Geometer's Sketchpad
by James King. Key Curriculum Press.
Turned On: Dynamic Software in Learning, Teaching, and Research.
Edited by James King and Doris Schattschneider. Published by the Mathematical
Association of America as Math Notes 41. This is a collection of
papers about dynamic geometry software.
- Geometry and Computers, 1987, paper for volume Computing and Mathematics: The
Use of Computers in Undergraduate Mathematics Instruction, The Mathematical Association of
Workshops and Presentations
- Slides from sessions at 2014 Northwest Mathematics Interaction Summer Workshop
- Slides from sessions at 2013 Northwest Mathematics Conference
- Slides from sessions at 2013 Northwest Mathematics Interaction Summer Geometry
- Slides from sessions at 2013 Northwest Mathematics Spring Workshop
- Slides from COMET panel at 2013 Joint Math Meetings, San Diego
- Slides from Park City Math Institute panel at 2012 Joint Math
- Slides from Workshop at 2011 National NCTM meeting: Cutting and Taping: Dissection and Special Ratios in Geometry
- Notes from Workshop at NCTM National Meeting 2009: Ratios in Geometry
- Slides from 2010 presentation on "Traditional Algebra" at Puget Sound Council of Teachers and
- Materials from sessions at 2007 Northwest Mathematics Conference
- Constructions with Compass Alone
- Cutting Up and Taping Together,a workshop about the Golden Ratio,
composing larger and larger special triangles from smaller ones, observing Fibonacci numbers in possibly unexpected ways. Below
are masters of the triangles to print on card stock and then tape together like a jigsaw puzzle. Also some answers.
- Lectures at ProfMath 1998, Guimarães, Portugal