UW Mathematics Guided Self-placement


Please watch the video below for an introduction to Guided Self-Placement.

Guided Self-Placement is only for students interested in taking Math 111, 120 or 124.
Visit the Math Department’s website for advice if you have college coursework, including AP/IB or A-Level credit to take a math course beyond Math 124.

Now, take the Guided Self-Placement Assessment to see what class you are best prepared for.

Still unsure what class to take? Please contact Math Advising.

If you missed some problems on the assessment, or if you want to do some review to be extra-ready for your first university mathematics class, check out our review materials.

Your experience while using the Math Department's Guided Self-Placement is important to us. It is the policy and practice of the University of Washington to create inclusive and accessible learning environments consistent with federal and state law. If you need accommodations that this website cannot provide, please contact our advising office at advising@math.washington.edu for assistance.