Math 307 Fall Quarter 2019
- What you need :
Log in to WebAssign here to read and submit homework. You
will need to buy access ($22.95) and have two weeks to comply.
You don't need to buy any other Cengage products.
Math307C will not use WebAssign --
Check your class website.
- The WebAssign payment process can be a bit
Instructions for paying for WebAssign access.
- Recommended Textbook Boyce and Diprima, Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems or Elementary Differential Equations. Any edition is fine. Older editions cost less. A paperback version called Introduction to Differential Equations is available at the bookstore.
- Religious Accommodation Policy: Washington state law requires that UW develop a policy for accommodation of student absences or significant hardship due to reasons of faith or conscience, or for organized religious activities. The UW’s policy, including more information about how to request an accommodation, is available at Religious Accommodations Policy. Accommodations must be requested within the first two weeks of the course using the Religious Accommodations Request form.
- Prerequisite Skills
- Some Basic Modelling § 1.1
- Solutions to Differential Equations § 1.2
- Direction Fields § 1.1
- Separable First Order ODE's § 2.2
- Linear First Order ODE's § 2.1
- Modelling with First Order ODE's § 2.3
- Population Dynamics § 2.5
- Euler's Mehtod § 2.7
- Midterm #1 Wednesday
- Complex Numbers---- notes on complex numbers
- Complex Valued Functions and Euler's Formula -- notes on complex numbers
- Second Order Constant Coefficient ODE's § 3.1
- Homogeneous equations with distinct real roots § 3.1
- Homogeneous equations with complex roots § 3.3
- Homogeneous equations with repeated roots § 3.4
- Harmonic Oscillator § 3.7
- Method of Undetermined Coefficients § 3.5
- Forced Undamped harmonic Oscillator -- Beats and Resonance § 3.8
- Forced Damped Harmonic Oscillator -- Frequency Response and Phase § 3.8
- Review for Midterm2
- Veterans Day observed Monday
- Midterm 2 Wednesday
- Laplace Transform -- definition as an integral § 6.1
- Laplace Transform using tables § 6.1
- Inverse Laplace Transform using tables § 6.2
- Solving IVP with Laplace Transforms § 6.3
- Step functions and time delay § 6.4
- Impulse Response §6.5
- American Heritage Day Friday
- Impulse Response and Transfer Function §6.5
- Convolution §6.6
- Review for Final Exam
- Final Exam week
Sample Schedule -- not all classes will follow this exact schedule
Week Additional Materials Topics and Textbook Sections 1:
MIDTERM #1 ARCHIVE 5:
MIDTERM #2 ARCHIVE 9:
Final Exam Archive
- Log in to WebAssign here to read and submit homework. You will need to buy access ($22.95) and have two weeks to comply. You don't need to buy any other Cengage products. Math307C will not use WebAssign -- Check your class website.