Math 504: Modern algebra
Fall quarter 2017-8
Lectures: MWF 9:30-10:20 in PDL C-036
Instructor: Jarod Alper (email@example.com)
Office: PDL C-544
Office hours: Monday, Friday 11-12
Course TA: Charles Godfrey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Office hours: Friday 3:30-4:30
Textbooks: The main textbooks for the class are:
- Abstract Algebra, David S. Dummit and Richard M. Foote.
- Algebra, Serge Lang.
Assignments: Due in the beginning of class
- Homework 1, due Monday, October 2.
- Homework 2, due Monday, October 9.
- Homework 3, due Monday, October 16.
- Homework 4, due Monday, October 23.
- Homework 5, due Monday, October 30.
- Homework 6, due Monday, November 13.
- Homework 7, due Monday, November 20.
- Homework 8, due Wednesday, November 29.
- Homework 9, due Friday, December 8.
Midterm: There will be one take-home midterm
- Date: Handed out on Nov. 1, Due on Nov. 6 in class
- Date: Wednesday, Dec 13, 2017
- Time: 8:30-10:20 am
- Location: PDL C-036
The lowest homework score will be dropped.
- Homework: 40%
- Midterm: 20%
- Final: 40%