Math 394, Probability I (3 credits), Winter 2019
Instructor : Christopher Hoffman
- Office : Padelford C-333
- E-mail : hoffman (at) math (dot) washington (dot) edu
- Office hours : Tuesday 2:30-4:30
- Description : (from the course catalog): Sample spaces; basic axioms of probability; combinatorial probability; conditional probability and independence; binomial, Poisson, and normal distributions. Prerequisite: either 2.0 in MATH 126 or 2.0 in MATH 136; recommended: MATH 324 or MATH 327. Offered: jointly with STAT 394; AWS.
- Lecture : LOW 201, MWF 8:30-9:20
- Textbook : Anderson, Seppäläinen and Valkó, Introduction to Probability
- Grades :
The grade for this class will be based on homework, one midterm and a final exam. The homework will be due in class on Wednesdays.
- Homework, Quizzes and Exams
- Homework (20% of grade) There will be one homework assignment per week except the week of the midterm.
- Midterm (30% of grade) In class on Wednesday February 13.
- Final Exam (50% of grade) Tuesday, March 19, 8:30-10:20, LOW 201
Wednesday Jan 9
Friday Jan 11
Monday Jan 14
Wednesday Jan 16
Friday Jan 18
Wednesday Jan 23
Friday Jan 25