Ground Rules for Take-Home Tests
- While you are working on a Manifolds exam, you may not
discuss anything about the Manifolds course with any of your classmates.
Once you look at the exam problems, you are considered to be working
on the exam. So finish any discussions of homework you want to have
before opening the test.
- The only resources you may use during an exam are the text, the course
544 Workspace; your course notes, homework, and any previous tests; and me.
You also may talk with me or the TA about previous homework problems.
No use of other resources - living, hard copy, or electronic - is allowed.
Do be sure to ask me if what needs to be proved is unclear.
- FOR WINTER AND SPRING: "text" means
ISM and chapters 1-12 of ITM; workspace includes both 544
workspace (link above) and
Winter and Spring Workspace
- Other than this restriction on resources, the guidelines are
the same as for homework. This includes citing the results of
previously assigned homework (including W problems)
and the inclusion of 5 writing points in the total score.
- If you and a classmate have both turned in your test papers, you may
discuss the test with each other. Please do not do so in a public
area (e.g., the lounge or an office with an open door)
until the day after the due date for the test.
Return to the
Math 544 Homepage.
Most recently updated on February 7, 2018.