John Stanford Center, Seattle Public Schools
November 17, 2007
Date and time: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 9:00 to 4:00
Workshop is free, but advance registration required. You can register
by emailing Joyce Frost <JFrost@lwsd.org>.
John Stanford Center for Educational Excellence
Seattle Public Schools
2445 3RD Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
here for driving directions to the John Stanford Center
(On the corner of 3rd Ave. S and South Lander) We will
meet on the second floor and there will be signs. Parking
is available is two small lots adjacent to the center. Additional parking
is also available in a large lot north of the complex.
Program: 9:00 to 4:00
- Wilson and Bond
1:00 - 4:00
Local Hosts: Art Mabbott, Joyce Frost
9:00 - 12:00 Morning Program
- Karen Wilson and Alan Bond (Chief Leschi School, Federal Way and Madison Middle School, Seattle):
- Shall We Shuffle . . . Again?
- Jim King (University of Washington):
- Cutting Up, Moving Around, and Taping Together
- Carla Parker (Charles Wright Academy, Tacoma):
- Centers of Balance: A Weighty Issue
- Matt Bracher (Cascade Christian High School, Covington):
1:00-4:00 Afternoon Program
- Kelley Butler (Garfield High School, Seattle):
- Art Mabbott (Seattle Public Schools):
- TI Nspire - Graphs and Spread Sheets and Word Documents, oh my!
- Joyce Frost (Lake Washington School District):
- 3-D puzzles from scratch using 'plane' Geometry and simple Sketchpad
Details and Sign-Up
The workshop is free, but we ask you to register in advance by emailing Joyce Frost <JFrost@lwsd.org>.
If you can not come for the entire day, come for the morning or afternoon.
- Clock hours will be provided. (Six hours @ $2 per hour.)
* Lunch is on your own. However, we will provide locations restaurants
near by. Or you can bring a sack lunch.
Back to NWMI Home Page.